Friday 25 January 2008

Scented Soy For Me


My decorator spent three days washing my plaster walls before he could begin emulsioning them. They were coated with a layer of wax and very black smoke damaged corners under curtains. Yes - from burning perfumed paraffin wax candles. I love my Yankee candles but the damage was extensive. He advised me to burn Soy candles. I am horrified at the toxins in paraffin wax candles. Disconcerted that my expensive re-paint jobby could be ruined with simply burning a candle.

Some Googling and this website in the top ten on the first page appealed to me the most. Sentelle Soy candles Easy to navigate and customer friendly. I liked being able to choose not only the fragrance but the colour of the candle as well.

Within hours of my order being accepted I had a personal email from Sentelle thanking me for my custom and telling me my fragrant Soy Candles would be delivered within twenty four hours - and they were. With a handwritten Thank You note and a small gift.

Beautifully presented and the promise of the fragrance lasting the life of the candle, slow burning, biodegradable, toxin free, non-carcinogenic from a sustainable resource. I took advantage of free delivery for orders over £50.00 then I took a photo of them for you because they are attractive.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

kat said...

I have never bought soy candles but I've been to the site and they look irresistible. I'll come back upstairs in the morning with my credit card.

kat said...

I have never bought soy candles but I've been to the site and they look irresistible. I'll come back upstairs in the morning with my credit card.

Buggles Balham High Road said...

Did you know Kat that Paraffin wax candles - Yankees - did so much damage and were that toxic?

I'm not that much of a Green person, meaning I don't go out of my way to avoid certain products, but this alternative is a must for me.