Thursday 19 February 2009

This Is Not My Hand


There is so much to say about our wonderful two week trip to Vietnam and Cambodia, including one week cruising up the Mekong Delta in a Paddlesteamer, so I thought I'd begin with the spiders. And this isn't my hand. I couldn't do that. Never. We are in a Spider Market in Cambodia. That huge spider is about to be deep fried and served with fresh garlic and then eaten.

This is a bucket full of deep fried spiders. And they aren't my pink Crocs or floral pants either. Several Brave Brits actually nibbled on the deep fried spiders. Just the legs and declared it was like eating garlic flavoured matchsticks. Not one of them was bold enough to eat the body. Can you imagine that? Soft and squishy spider body.

I suppose if I was hungry enough. No. I'd rather eat the pink Crocs. Which reminds me. I did eat Crocodile Tail for dinner in Cambodia and guess what? It tasted just like chicken.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

maddie said...

Ugh, that first picture sent shivers down my spine. You're brave just looking at them Buggles.

xx

Buggles Balham High Road said...

It was horrendous. But the Cambodians living in wooden houses on stilts on the Mekong are poor and at least spiders that size offer good protein.

Ugh indeed.